This article guides on how to delete old logs, update files of WebMonitor and Security engines.
Deleting log files
All logs can be located in the DebugLogs folder in your WebMonitor installation directory. To delete the logs, simply navigate to the \Program Files\GFI\WebMonitor\DebugLogs folder and delete all the files within.
Deleting WebMonitor update files
Deleting updates can be safely performed by following the steps below:
services.mscand stop both GFI WebMonitor services under GFI Proxy and GFI WebMonitor core service.
- Go to the ..\Program Files\GFI\WebMonitor\Updates> folder.
- Rename 'webgrade3' to 'WebGrade_old' and move it to a different drive with sufficient space
- Restart the GFI WebMonitor services
- Open the GFI WebMonitor Management Console and navigate to the Settings under the gear icon
- In the left pane, under the 'Security & Updates' section, select WebGrade
- Select the Update Now option - this procedure creates a new webgrade3 folder in the updates folder which contain the latest WebGrade categorization URLs (it may take some time to download)
- Once confirmed that the new WebGrade database has been downloaded and is working as expected, the WebGrade_old data which was taken as a backup can be deleted.
Deleting Security Engines update files
Follow the process described in the Manually Downloading Updates for GFI WebMonitor's Security Engines article, which will remove all the existing files from the update folders.