AnswerThis article only applies to version 2013 or earlier. Contact the developers if a similar procedure is required for a newer version.
Stop the WebMonitor services and retrieve the file ..\GFI\WebMonitor\Interface\App_Data\configuration.db from the customer.
Download the SQlite databrowser from http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/
- Use this tool to open configuration.db and click the Browse Data tab
- Scroll further down and find the values Password 1 and Password 2
Double click each value field and delete the encrypted data
- Do the same for the Anonymizationstatus.
- Double click the value Disabled or Enabled. This may need to be changed to Enabled again to ensure Anonymization is turned on after this procedure.
- Save the database
- Return the file to the customers machine
- Restart the WebMonitor services