PROBLEMGFI WebMonitor (Standalone Proxy version) keeps sending Anti-Virus Scanner/WebGrade Database update notifications even though this has been disabled.
- GFI WebMonitor 2009 (Standalone Proxy version)
- All Supported Environments
SOLUTIONPerform the following procedure to disable notifications from being sent in the GFI WebMonitor configuration file:
- Logon to the GFI WebMonitor server using administrative privileges
- Browse to the location where GFI WebMonitor has been installed (Default: <\Program Files\GFI\WebMonitor>)
- Open the 'WebMonCfg.TXT' file using Notepad
- Set the value of 'NotifyEveryUpdate' for each update to '0' instead of '1'
Note: The value 'NotifyEveryUpdate' can be defined for the following modules:
- [AvKSCANNER] - Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- [AvNSCANNER] - Norman Anti-Virus
- [AvSCANNER] - BitDefender Anti-Virus
- [WfCats] - WebGrade Database
- [AntiPhishing] - Anti-Phishing Engine