It is recommended that the following instructions be performed when requested by a GFI Technical Support Representative. If you do not have an open case, please first submit a request a: www.gfi.com/supportform.
Please follow these steps to provide us the needed information to isolate the issue:
- Stop GFI WebMonitor, GFI WebMonitor Core Service, and the Microsoft Firewall services
- NOTE: Internet access is interrupted while the services are stopped.
- Delete all files from the ..\GFI\WebMonitor\DebugLogs directory
- Set registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI\WebMonitor\debug to 1
- In a 64-bit platform, the registry key is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI\WebMonitor\debug
- Start the services stopped in step 1
- Look in the ..\ Webmonitor\DebugLogs directory until you see that the WebmonPlgLog.txt file is created
- Reproduce the problem:
- Take screenshots of the client desktop and clock (and time of the connections) and the result so we can find it in the logging
- On the WebMonitor server immediately copy the ..\WebMonitor\DebugLogs directory and paste it into the DebugLogs directory. This is necessary to capture the problem in the logging before the logs overwrite.
- Run the GFI WebMonitor troubleshooter from Start > Programs > GFI WebMonitor > Troubleshooter
- Note: If the Troubleshooter application appears to "hang" for more than 5 minutes, click Cancel, and copy the ..\GFI\Webmonitor\DebugLogs directory into the Support directory and continue with the next step.
- Go to the installation directory of GFI WebMonitor and zip the ..\Program Files\GFI\Webmoitor\Support folder the Troubleshooter created.
- Save the APPLICATION and SYSTEM event logs in EVT format to the Support folder.
- Save the screenshots file with the URL links.
- Zip up the support folder. Rename the file according to the following format yyyy_mm_dd_<case number>.zip (ex.. 2008_09_12_GFI-12345-67890).
Upload the file to our FTP server:
Login to the FTP server (Note: If you see a page with many files and folders, right-click the page and choose Logon As..., and put in the credentials below).
FTP Server details:
- Host: ftp://ftp.gfisoftware.com
- User: gfi
- Pass: gfi911cust
- If using Internet Explorer use ftp://gfi:firstname.lastname@example.org
- FTP Server details:
- Copy and paste the file into the page
- Login to the FTP server (Note: If you see a page with many files and folders, right-click the page and choose Logon As..., and put in the credentials below).
- Reply to the case email with the exact file name uploaded
- Stop GFI WebMonitor service and GFI Proxy service.
- Set registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI\WebMonitor\debug to 0. If this is a 64-bit platform, the registry key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI\WebMonitor\debug.
- Restart the GFI WebMonitor service and GFI Proxy service