There are instances where, during troubleshooting, you need to disable GFI WebMonitor to determine whether if an occurring issue is related to the web filter or a network/Internet problem. This article provides the required steps to temporarily disable GFI WebMonitor Standalone Proxy in WebMonitor 2013, 2015, and ISA/TMG.
GFI WebMonitor 2013
- Configuration > Settings > Proxy Settings > General, and set the Listen on All option to Off.
- On the client machine, disable the proxy in the Internet Connection settings; this will allow connections to pass through with no inspection.
GFI WebMonitor 2015 and later
- Open the GFI WebMonitor Management Console.
- Locate the gear icon in the top-right and click on Settings.
- Navigate to Core Settings > Connection Settings.
- Go to the External Network Card and set the Listen on all option to Off.
- Click on Save to apply the changes.
- Launch the ISA Management Console under the Configuration > Add-Ins > Web Filters tab.
- Right-click on GFI WebMonitor Webfilter and select Disable.
- Click on the Apply button; this will not disrupt the current connections.