The GFI WebMonitor installer stops at the very end of the installation and shows the following error message:
Error 1920. Service GFI Webmonitor Attendant Service (WMONHost) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
The user is given two options:
- Retry - tries to start the service again (but most likely without effect).
Cancel - the installation rolls back.
- WebMonitor for ISA/TMG
- WebMonitor Standalone Proxy
- All Supported Environments
The service takes too long to start and times out.
- Keep the error message open.
- Open the Windows Services console.
- Start the GFI Webmonitor Attendant Service manually.
- Hit Retry in the error message.
The installation should continue without problems.