AnswerDISCLAIMER: GFI Software recommends keeping a backup of the product configuration data. In case of data loss, GFI will not be able to recover your configuration if a backup is not available. If using backup software to back up data, it is required to stop the services listed below before the backup starts and to start the services again once the backup is complete. Not stopping the services during a backup by third party backup software may cause GFI WebMonitor to malfunction.
Importing will be done from a machine A with an old version of GFI WebMonitor (2013 SR1 or 2015) to another machine B. Since machines are different, upgrade is not available. The final installed version is GFI WebMonitor 2015 SR2.
In order to ensure a correct migration of settings from an old GFI WebMonitor machine the next steps should be done:
- Install the new Webmon version on the machine B.
- Go to GFI WebMonitor installation folder, subfolder Interface\Bin. Copy next files to machine A:
- On machine A, open a Command prompt window. Navigate to the folder where the files from machine B, copied at step 2, reside and execute command: WebMon.SettingsImporterTool.exe –ef --sourcepath="C:\Program Files\GFI\WebMonitor" --destpath="D:\Work\Export\WM-Settings.xml" --sourceversion=V2013SR1. Here, sourcepath should the path to WebMonitor installation folder on machine A, destpath should be a filename (might not exist, this is the final file that will contain the settings) into a folder where the user has write access. Sourceversion option reflects the version of WebMon that is installed on machine A (available versions: V2013SR1, V2015 and V2015SR2).
- Copy the file resulted after step 3 from machine A, path “D:\Work\Export\WM-Settings.xml” to machine B (e.g. to C:\Export\WM-Settings.xml).
- On machine B, open a command prompt window. Navigate to Webmon installation folder, subfolder Interface\Bin. Execute command: WebMon.SettingsImporterTool.exe –i –sourcepath=” C:\Export\WM-Settings.xml” –destpath=”C:\Program Files\GFI\WebMonitor” –S. Here, sourcepath is the path to the file copied on step 4, destpath is the path to Webmon installation folder. All the settings will be imported. If you want to import only a subset of settings replace –S option with the accordingly subset of options that will reflect the desired settings (e.g. if you want to import notifications and reports then specify –n –R, or –nR)
- Restart the WebMonService service to apply the new settings.
This is a list of all the commands used by the Importer Utility.