This article indicates what the requirements of the Transparent Proxy feature are.
Please note the following requirements to enable and run the Transparent Proxy feature correctly:
GFI WebMonitor 10 or later is required and must be installed in a 64-bit machine.
GFI WebMonitor proxy needs to be in gateway mode. A Server needs to have two NIC (network interface controller) cards to have the gateway mode option available.
- The gateway machine should be placed between the internal network and the internet.
- Each client machine must be configured to use the internal NIC of the GFI WebMonitor server as its default gateway.
- The default gateway for the GFI WebMonitor server’s internal NIC should be the IP of the external NIC on the machine.
- The GFI WebMonitor server’s external NIC should have the default gateway of the next hop, such as the firewall, router, or SIP address.
- RRAS (Routing and Remote Access Service) role must be configured on the GFI WebMonitor server.
After Meeting the Requirements
- Test if the client machine is getting internet access.
- Go to the configuration of GFI WebMonitor and under the settings select the Transparent Proxy tab to configure the feature accordingly.